Sunday, May 3, 2015

The First Run in My New City

We moved last weekend and while we're not completely settled, I had to get out for a run today. I planned to do a little exploring to see what's nearby. First stop, the middle school track. My main goal of stopping here was to see what "facilities" existed. I found a bunch of people playing soccer, an impromptu dog park and a port-o-potty. I was hoping for a water fountain, but didn't see one. The track was gravel, but the views were spectacular.


Then it was off to the Effin Elfin Forest, which is a nature preserve known for the pygmy oaks that grow there. It's on the bay and again with beautiful views.

That's Morro rock in the background.

I ran through the neighborhoods and found the beach! It was a nice run, but boy is Los Osos hilly! Good training!!
And a beach!
Miles logged: 5.35

No comments:

Post a Comment